Adopting from CTC
So you want to adopt from CTC? That's great! Here is how adoptions work with CTC.
1. We are an at-home foster, meaning our fosters are fostered within our homes. We do not have a central shelter space. Due to this, we require applications before we can do any meet and greets. We also ask to keep meet and greets to three people maximum and to keep the visits to an hour maximum.
2. Fill out an Application - Applicants must be at least 21 years of age to apply. Adopters must consent to keep the cat indoors. Adopters must consent to never declaw. We perform property checks to verify homeownership and/or if tenants can have pets per the lease agreement. We will request medical records of your current pets to ensure they are up-to-date on vaccines, tested (if applicable), and fixed. To expedite the application process, you can email the records to firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, we can contact your vet, please authorize access to your vet records upon applying.
3. All of our adoptable fosters are: spayed/neutered, rabies vaccinated, given FVRCP vaccinations, microchipped, dewormed, combo tested for FIV/FeLV, and flea-treated. Our adopters also receive a free bag of Catalyst litter!
4. Adoption Fees:
Cats under one year - $125 -- Two cats under one year: $225
Cats over a year old - $100 -- Two cats over a year old: $175
Persons over 65 years of age adopting cats over five years old: $75
5. Once you have a successful meet and greet, the cat can go home with you! Please bring a carrier (or multiple carriers if you're doing a multiple cat adoption). We will go over the acclimation process. Adopters will fill out a contract and receive the cat's medical records and microchip information. We accept cash, PayPal, or Venmo. (Note: we now have to charge a 4% transaction fee for Venmo transactions.)
6. Go home and enjoy your new family member!